Return policy template
A clear return policy is essential for any business that sells products or services, as it helps to establish expectations and build trust with customers. A return policy outlines the conditions under which customers can return or exchange products, and the process they need to follow to do so.
A well-written return policy can benefit your business in several ways. Firstly, it can help to reduce confusion and avoid misunderstandings between customers and the business. Secondly, it can improve customer satisfaction by making it easy for customers to return or exchange products they are not happy with. Thirdly, it can help to protect the business from fraudulent returns and provide a clear process for handling such situations.
This is a basic return policy template that can be adapted to fit your business. Just replace the bolded text with your own policy and use the lists as a guide to ensure you don’t forget to include any important information. This return policy template has been produced by Shopify. While this is a good start, we encourage you to personalize and customize it after your brand and guidelines.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order for whatever reason, we’re here to help! We offer free returns within 30 days of purchase. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and refund policy:
NOTE: Below are some examples of common exceptions:
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Returned items must have tags still on and be returned in original product packaging.
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use.
To initiate a return, please complete the following steps:
NOTE: Your steps should be laid out clearly, linking to relevant pages, such as your online portal.
- Reply to your order confirmation email to request which products you would like to return.
- Print the prepaid return shipping label that you will receive by email.
- Send all items back to us using the label provided.
NOTE: The following are add-ons with more information that you may want to include:
- How long it takes to receive your refund, replacement product, or store credit.
- Any shipping fees the customer will need to pay.
- Any return restocking fees the customer will need to pay.
- How you handle lost or damaged returns.
- Contact information for your business if the customer has more questions.
If you don’t feel like writing your return policy, or don’t know where to start, use Shopify’s refund policy generator to create a return policy that protects your store and builds trust with online shoppers. Furthermore, if you are considering automating your return process, have a look at how Returbo can make your return management easy!